Salsa Chicken

I have wanted to try this recipe for a while but didn't have the ingredients. We bought the stuff about 3 weeks ago on our last grocery trip. I have been saving it for a Monday, because I am always exhausted and just want to come home and relax. This was perfect for that! I walked in the door changed clothes, Adam made the minute rice, and we sat down to eat. It was VERY simple!

Overall it was very good, I think next time I would use a little less salsa, maybe 3/4 or 1/2 cup, and also put a little shredded cheese on top when serving (I know I was OUT of cheese, it's a miracle, but it has been 3 weeks since last grocery trip!)

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken (From: Sparkspeople)
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 cup salsa
  • 1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning (I made my own)
  • 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Add chicken to slow cooker.

Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.

Pour salsa and soup over chicken.

Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

Serve with rice.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

your photo of this looks great! i have only made this recipe once before, but the recipe i used did not include cream of mushroom soup so if you want to be healthier you can omit that next time. i also added a can of corn and thought that was good :) i've seen some people use cream cheese too (i guess in place of the cream of mushroom soup)

Deborah said...

This reminds me that I haven't used my slow cooker in a very long time!! I forget how wonderful slow cooked meals can be on a long, tiring Monday.