Quesadillas

I wasn't sure what to cook the rest of the week. So we got creative. It actually turned out to be an amazing dinner. And I will keep this recipe and use in the future.
I made chicken Quesadillas with my own taco seasoning, Adam and I thought it was better then the store bought stuff!!!

Taco Seasoning

  • 2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • dash of red pepper (I left this off)

I mixed everything together in a bowl, fried my chicken with some EVOO and then added about a half cup of water and the seasoning. The one thing I noticed this took a little longer then a packet to thicken but was good. I then laid my tortilla out on a flat pan, put cheese and meat on one half, folded over and let sit until golden brown on about medium heat.

I served this meal with the corn cakes, and Zatarains Mexican Rice which was VERY good. It was a very easy and quick dinner!!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum... true comfort food. :)