Coconut Macaroons

My mom and I tried these for the first time last year, we used a different recipe and no one liked them, they were too light and puffy and just not macaroons. This recipe was much better. Although the recipe never said to spray the pan, our first batch was STUCK to the foil.

In the end these are very good, but they stick to everything, wax paper, each other etc :-)

Coconut Macaroons (From: Unknown)

  • 14 oz. flaked coconut
  • 14 oz. can condensed milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. almond extract

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix ingredients, drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes.

Remove immediately from pan.

1 comment:

Pille said...

I made coconut macaroons last weekend, too, but my version doens't contain condensed milk. I've usually got a can in my larder, so I'll need to try your version one day, too!