Pretzel Dogs

Adam has a new schedule at work, so he leaves about 10:45 and isn't home until around 7:45, I like to make sure he has breakfast or lunch before he leaves. This is closer to my lunch time so I made some lunch today. I saw pretzel dogs on Amber's blog, they looked lunch worthy so I whipped some up... They were SUPER good!

I used the single batch pretzel recipe and ended up with a little extra and 4 pretzel dogs, 2 dogs I did plain, and 2 dogs I added a slice of cheese. I preferred the ones with cheese, so next time it will be those!

Pretzels (From: Krashed24)

  • 1 tsp dry yeast
  • 2 tbls and 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 2+ cups flour
  • coarse kosher salt
  • baking soda
  • shortening or butter

In large mixing bowl mix 1 tbls HOT water and 1 tsp yeast. Mix until yeast dissolves completely.

Stir in 2/3 cup WARM water.

Stir in 2 tbls and 2 tsp brown sugar.

Slowly add 2 cups flour, stirring constantly. Continue stirring until the mixture is smooth and does not stick to the sides of the bowl.

Lightly flour counter. Dip your hands into extra flour. Knead the dough until it is stretchy and smooth. (Push it down and away from you with the palms of your hands, turning the dough as you work)

Grease cookie sheet(s) well with butter or shortening. Sprinkle greased cookie sheet(s) with kosher salt. Preheat oven to 475.

Using liquid measuring cup fill a large saucepan at least 1/2 full of water. For each 1 cup of water, add 1 tbls baking soda.

Wrap around hot dogs and cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments: