Nutella Cupcakes

Nutella... where were you all my life??

I first heard of Nutella after graduating high school, I new it was a hazelnutty thing. When I hear hazelnut I think coffee... I don't like coffee I don't need to try.

A few months ago I saw a jar at my moms on my brothers desk, he doesn't like coffee, but likes that maybe I should try it. It's heaven, I bought it next time we were at the store, it is seriously heaven! I went through 3 bags of pretzels just eating that stuff yum! Someone on the nest board made Nutella cup cakes and put them in her siggy, they looked amazing. I have had the recipe saved for a while now and never got around to it, finally today I said I am making them.

When telling a friend what I was baking we started talking about the history of Nutella, I found a very interest link with information about the history of Nutella, click here to read it.

I also made some icing to go on top of them. These are good without the icing, but sinful with the frosting YUM!

Nutella Cupcakes (From: Ladymbth)

  • 10 tbsp butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cup sifted ap flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325F. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.

Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full, if you're not using a scoop.

Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella. Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12.

Nutella Frosting (From: Myself)

  • Nutella
  • Milk
  • Powdered Sugar

I didn't measure anything but combined the above ingredients until it's the consistency you would like spread on top of cupcakes.

3 comments:

sgcoop said...

Sounds heavenly!

Anonymous said...

Yum

Hope you saved one for me!

Lisa K said...

I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks!!

Great blog!