Orange Chicken (Weight Watchers)
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 15 oz Mandarin Oranges In Light Syrup
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp orange zest, or to taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper; add chicken to skillet and cook until golden, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side.
Drain oranges and reserve 1/4 cup liquid. Add oranges with reserved liquid to skillet and simmer 2 minutes. Whisk together broth, soy sauce, orange zest and cornstarch in a small bowl; add mixture to pan and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Yields 1 piece of chicken and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.
***Tips: She omitted the orange zest, and used sweet and sour sauce instead of soy sauce. When I make this I would cut the chicken into chunks so I think it would soak in more flavor. It was great this way but love to try it another way!