Banana Bread French Toast

I made banana bread on Thursday for this recipe, but I tried a new banana bread recipe and it was a hit, so there is another loaf in the oven. So be careful this is a great recipe!

Banana Bread French Toast (Recipe Goldmine)

  • 1 (1 pound) loaf banana bread, cut into half-inch slices
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 cups prepared strawberry sauce

In a bowl, whisk the eggs and add the half-and-half and cinnamon; mix well.

Gently dip the banana bread into the egg mixture and place on a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat. Cook on both sides until lightly brown and cooked through.

To serve, drizzle with strawberry sauce.

Variation: Use whipped butter flavored with maple in place of strawberry sauce.

***Tips: I used milk instead of half and half. I didn't have an strawberry sauce, so we used honey butter and syrup. I also used 5 pieces of bread and 1 egg, and about a 1/4 c. milk.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

I can't wait to try this recipe. It sounds so good.