Alfredo (Cooking Light)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine (8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cracked black pepper
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk. Cook 6 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cream cheese, and salt, stirring with a whisk until cheeses melt. Toss sauce with hot pasta. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and chopped parsley. Garnish with black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
***Tips: I added a splash more of milk, and some pasta water. And I also omitted the salt and black pepper, and added white pepper.