Crepes

Yesterday while at the grocery store I was trying to think of something fun to have for breakfast this weekend, Adam and I don't eat breakfast together during the week, and rarely have a hot breakfast during the week. So I always like to make something a little special for the weekend. I decided on crepes. I fell in love with crepes, after graduating from H.S. my mom started making them and I love them. You can do so many different things with them, that they can accommodate to everyones tastes.

Crepes (Betty Crocker Cookbook)
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 2 c. milk
  • 2 T butter (melted)
  • 1/2 t. vanilla
  • 2 large eggs

In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter, vanilla and eggs. Beat with hand beater until smooth.

Lightly butter 6 to 8 inch skillet or crepe pan. Heat over medium heat until bubbly.

For each crepe, pour slightly less then 1/4 cup batter into skillet. Immediately rotate skilled until thin layer of better covers bottom. Cook until light brown. Run wide spatula around edges to loosen; turn and cook other side until light brown. Repeat with remaining batter, buttering skillet as needed.

***Tips: We have found these are best if eaten right off the burner, so we prefer to eat in shifts basically. You can use any toppings you want. Today we used Nutella and Cream cheese with strawberry jam mixed in.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Oooh - crepes! I haven't had any in a long while... and your post is inspiring me to make some, perhaps for the weekend!