Banana Bread

I always hate when my bananas go bad because I have never had luck freezing them. But this time once they were bad. I smashed them and put them in a ziploc. I let out all the air and put them in the freezer. This morning when I wanted to use them I dethawed them in the fridge for about 4 hours. It was perfect way to use them and keep them

I am making a recipe for breakfast on Saturday that called for Banana bread so I decided to make it tonight so Adam could enjoy a few pieces of bread. This was one of the best banana bread recipes I have ever used! It came out light and fluffy where as my normal bread is a little more dense.

Banana Bread (From: Nestie- Krashed24)

  • 3 bananas, smashed
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)

Combine all ingredients except for nuts, using a mixer.


Add nuts and mix by hand


Grease bread pan


Cook for 50 minutes at 350 degrees, Check with toothpick for doneness (may need to cook longer, possibly 15 more minutes)


***Tips: I added about a teaspoon of vanilla, and used 4 bananas instead of 3, and omitted
the nuts.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Glad that you enjoyed the recipe. Thank goodness for my MIL sharing it with me!