Kielbasa with Spuds

I took a Kielbasa out of the freezer last night, and today decided I didn't want to do the same old same old. I wanted to do something different. So I searched online for a new recipe. And a friend helped me find this one. It was OK, but not something I would rave about our make all the time. But if I need something quick to make I might do this.


Kielbasa and Spuds (From: Recipezaar)

  • 1 lb kielbasa
  • 2 cups cubed potatoes
  • 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce



Slice kielbasa into 1/2" or so slices.

Saute kielbasa with onions in a dutch oven over medium heat.

Continue until nicely browned.

Add potatoes to the kielbasa and onions.

Mix water, brown sugar, mustard and soy sauce.

Add to the dutch oven.

Cover and simmer until potatoes are done.

May have to add more water depending on how much the spuds soak up.

If potatoes break down they make the sauce nice and thick.

***Tips: I sliced my potatoes instead of cubed them, and simmered for about 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes the sauce was rather thin, but after sitting for just a minute it thickened up.

2 comments:

suzspeaks said...

we had kielbasa last night too! We grilled it on the george forman with a brush of bbq... So yummy! Your's looks good too! I have a lot of ways that we make kielbasa..if you ever want a new idea!

Roxanne said...

Here's one of our favorite ways with kielbasa, but you've got to like sauerkraut! Simple recipe. Cook 4 servings pasta; shells work best but any shape works. Slice the kielbasa and brown in a large skillet with 2 T. butter. Add 1 can drained and rinsed sauerkraut, stirring until sizzling hot. Stir in the drained pasta, salt and pepper it to taste, and serve.