Chex Mix

It's Adam's birthday on Monday, and we have a weekend filled with Birthday fun. One of us favorite snacks is Chex Mix. And I have been meaning to try my hand at homemade Chex Mix since we met but haven't took the time. I figure this was as good as time as any other. I made 2 double batches. The first one I followed the recipe exact the the next one I added a few of my own touches. When mixed together they taste pretty much the same. But I think I would do the extra touches on both batches. Adam was pleasantly surprised to find this when he got home, and hasn't taken his hand out of the bag since!

Chex Mix (From Chex Mix Website)


  • 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
  • 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
  • 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
  • 1 cup mixed nuts
  • 1 cup bite-size pretzels
  • 1 cup garlic-flavor bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces

Preparation Directions:


Heat oven to 250°F. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.

Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.

***Tips: I used plain peanuts in place of mixed nuts. For the second batch, I added a splash of lemon juice, an extra 1/2 T. of Worcestershire, and 1 t. Seasoning salt

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Chex mix is my all time favorite snack. I just can not get enough of it. So glad that he was surprised and is enjoying it!