Biscuits and Gravy (From: Nestie Krashed)
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 2 tbls finely chopped onion
- 6 tbls AP flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. In a large skillet over medium heat cook the sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink.
2. Drain, reserving 2 tbls drippings in skillet (I never drain it because I never get 2 tbls worth of drippings).
3. Stir flour into sausage and drippings until blended. Cook and stir until light golden brown.
4. Gradually stir in milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until desired thickness.
****Tips: We used onion powder instead of onion, we didn't have any sage so we omitted it, and added some seasoning salt. We added the seasonings before adding milk