Biscuits and Gravy

Last week, I was reading a blog and she made biscuits and gravy. It sounded SOOO good and knew I had to make it on a weekend morning soon. Adam ended up making it this morning, as I was preparing cookie dough for tomorrow. He used caned biscuits because I was too chicken to attempt them today, hopefully soon I will get over my fear or bread!! The gravy was VERY good!

Biscuits and Gravy (From: Nestie Krashed)
  • 1 lb. pork sausage
  • 2 tbls finely chopped onion
  • 6 tbls AP flour
  • 4 cups milk
  • 1/2 tsp sage
  • 1/4 tsp salt

1. In a large skillet over medium heat cook the sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink.

2. Drain, reserving 2 tbls drippings in skillet (I never drain it because I never get 2 tbls worth of drippings).

3. Stir flour into sausage and drippings until blended. Cook and stir until light golden brown.

4. Gradually stir in milk and seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until desired thickness.

****Tips: We used onion powder instead of onion, we didn't have any sage so we omitted it, and added some seasoning salt. We added the seasonings before adding milk

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Yum, glad you enjoyed it.