Chopped Pork

We had our weekly date with my girlfriend and her fiancee tonight. I made chopped pork with roasted potatoes and a pie for dessert. Overall it was a good dinner.

  • Chopped Pork (My recipe)
  • 1 roast (I prefer pork, but can use any kind)
  • 1 jar BBQ sauce
  • 1 onion

I brown the roast in a pan, just with some oil for about 2-3 minutes on each side, then place in crock pot with onion slices and water about 2 inches of water across the bottom. Cook on medium heat for 6 or so hours. Then take out and shred or chop. Normally I shred but this time just chopped it and liked it a lot better. Then add the BBQ sauce and cook for another 2-3 hours. You can serve on a bun or we prefer on top of toasted Texas toast. Tonight we took the easy route and bought some frozen roasted potatoes and just fried them. They were very tasty!

For dessert I was going to make strawberry pie,I went to make it and had the filling down but my frozen strawberry's looked horrible and I opted to not use them, so just used chocolate chunks and coconut on top.


Strawberry Pie (Nesties)

  • 8 oz Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 c. whipped cream
  • 1 Oreo Cookie Crust
  • fresh strawberry's
  • Chocolate chips

Beat cream cheese with vanilla and sugar. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Top with whole berries pointed up. Melt some chocolate chips and drizzle over top. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.

This pie was pretty tasty, it tasted a lot more like cheesecake then it did a pie, and I think the strawberry's might go better with it. This will be a recipe I will try again come summer time!

No comments: