Banana Bars

Tonight we had both of our mothers over, and my Adam's sister and niece and my brother. We did a Calzone night, I rolled out the dough and everyone made their own calzone. It was really fun for everyone, and pretty easy to do as a hostess. I used the same recipe as posted below for the calzones. But for dessert I made Banana Bars, this was a recipe I got off the nest a week or so ago. We made them last night and the batter was SO good, it tasted like Banana Pudding, the bars were just as good, and would be good without frosting too.

Banana Bars (Nestie: Ashleighl)



  • 1/2c. Butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 c. white sugar 2 eggs
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1 c. ripe mashed bananas
  • 1 container cream cheese frosting

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 10x15 jelly roll pan. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the batter. Finally, mix in mashed bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow bars to cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese frosting.

***Tips: It took around 45-an hour to be done, and also next time I do without the frosting, the bars themselves were wonderful and the frosting made them good, but I enjoyed the bars without the frosting.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Those look really good. I will save this recipe for next time I have over-ripe bananas.