Pork Chops with Sweet Potatoes

I had been having trouble trying to figure out what to cook for dinner tonight, and finally decided I wanted to try some pork chops, which we love with the bacon mushroom sauce, and then what better to serve it with then sweet potatoes. The dinner came together wonderful!I fried the pork chops on our electric grill with some seasoning salt, and then made the bacon mushroom sauce, the recipe is already posted on the blog with the T-bones, it was just as good with the pork chops as the steak. Adam's cousin also ate with us and said the sweet and the pork went really well together.

Then I made sweet potatoe casserole. This is a recipe my mom created a few months ago, to mock the Boston Market Sweet Potatoes, I think it tops them. I use to only enjoy sweet potatoes for Christmas and Thanksgiving, but this recipe makes it possible more often. Adam doesn't not like normal cooked sweet potatoes but loves these, and actually had two helps.

Sweet Potato Casserole

1 lg. can of sweet potatoes

2 Tb. Butter

2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 c. flour

1/2 brown sugar

1/2 stick butter

1 bag marshmallows

In large bowl combine drained sweet potatoes, 2 Tb butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Grease baking pan and put sweet potatoes mix in. Cover with marshmallows. Mix flour, brown sugar, butter, and remaining cinnamon. It will be a paste, I just put dollops all of the top of the marshmallows. Bake at a preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes until golden brown. This gives it a nice crunchy topping.

**Tip, for the holidays I would make it the day ahead and then pop it in the oven before leaving

No comments: