Carmel French Toast

Last night, I was busy in the kitchen preparing last nights dinner, this mornings breakfast, and tonight's dinner. Last night I prepared Carmel French Toast, it was SOOO easy to prepare and then you chill for 8 hours, then throw in the oven and bake for an hour and you are done. It was a wonderful breakfast for a snowy Saturday morning.
Carmel French Toast (From Nesties)

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
2 Tb. light corn syrup
10 slices white bread, cut in half (Challah works best)
6 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Combine brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in small saucepan; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour syrup mixture into a 9x 13 inch baking pan. Arrange 20 bread halves on top of syrup mixture. Top with remaining bread halves. Combing milk, vanilla, eggs, and salt, stirring until blended. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices. Cover and chill 8 hours. Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until gold brown and looks done.

**Tips and Tricks, I used regular white bread and it seemed a little too mushy, I think next time I will try Texas toast. I also didn't use the salt.

No comments: