Cream Cheese Chicken

We do a weekly meal with friends of ours, where one week we go to their house, and one week they come to our house. It was our turn last night. So I decided to try the famous nest recipe of Cream Cheese Chicken. It was REALLY good!!!! I didn't get the best pictures as we were really hungry and already chowing but you get the idea.
Cream Cheese Chicken (From Nestie MaryEllen)

Ingredients
- 3 chicken breasts, trimmed and kept whole or cut into strips or chunks
- 1 can chicken broth, separated
- 4-8 cloves garlic
- red pepper flakes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 tbs flour
- 2 tsp white wine
Optional: chopped red and green peppers or 1 chopped jalapeno

Directions
- Put chicken in large pan with a little bit of olive oil
- Add red pepper flakes and pressed garlic
- After 1-2 min, add ¾ can chicken broth and white wine; add the chopped peppers at this time if you are using them
- Bring to a boil then simmer 20-25 min until chicken is cooked
- Remove chicken and place in a covered dish; keep warm
- Mix flour with remaining broth and add to pan; mix
- Add cream cheese, mix until thick and bubbly

I tripled this sauce and we had no leftover it was WONDERFUL, so I would definitely double the sauce depending how saucy you like it. I also served this over egg noodles which was wonderful, some people enjoy it over rice but I don't care for rice. Really whatever you prefer. I also cooked the whole chicken breasts next time I would cut them in strips, everyone cut there chicken anyway would of saved some time. I highly suggest trying this recipe!!!

For dessert Rick my girlfriends fiancee loves Apple Crisp, so I made an apple pie, but it is kind of a mix of Apple Pie, and Apple Crisp. We finished off a whole pie last night just the four of us. It is awesome with some ice cream. Again didn't get the best picture got too busy eating!

Dutch Settlers Apple Pie (From: Cathy, My Mother-In-Law)

Ingredients:

2 cans of apples

1 (8oz) sour cream

1 egg

1 t. vanilla

2Tb. Flour

pinch of salt

1/2 c. sugar or brown sugar

2 graham crackers pie crusts

Topping

1/2 c. flour

1/2 sugar

2 Tb. Butter

1 T. Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients except topping bake in preheated 450 oven for 20 min, then lower oven to 350 and bake another 20 minutes. Top with the topping and bake another 20 minutes, cool and enjoy.

This recipe makes two pies. My mother-in-law thinks it tastes better after it is cold or the next day. I prefer to eat it after sitting for about an hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream!!!!

No comments: