Little Cookie Candies

When I saw this blog post I instantly saved it and plotted the perfect time to make them. Finally this past weekend I decided I would make them for the company we had coming over, we ended up going out and I didn't make them. So I made them tonight for a little treat for Adam and I.

These are delicious!!! Little bits of heaven, definitely cut them small as they are very sweet. The other nice thing about the recipe is you can change it how you want. Click the link to bakingblonde's blog for the original, this recipe is how I made them.

I am apologizing now for the pictures I took them three different times and none of them turned out great, they are very good though.

The Ultimate Bar Cookies (From: Blond Ambition in the Kitchen)
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cup crushed/chopped honey roasted peanuts
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup toasted coconut
  • 3/4 cup butter (NO substitutions)
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350.

Line a 9x13 pan with foil.

Beat flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter until fine crumbs form. Pat mixture firmly into bottom of foil lined baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven.
Sprinkle nuts and chocolate (or other toppings) over the hot crust.

In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together 3/4 cup butter 1/2 cup brown sugar, stirring constantly until bubbly. Once it starts bubbling cook and stir for 1 minute.

Pour mixture evenly over nuts and chocolate in pan. Make sure not to get too close to the edges of the pan or it will burn to the sides.

Bake 15 minutes more or until just bubbly around edges.

Cool in pan on rack. Cut into bars.

3 comments:

bakingblonde said...

YUMMY! Those look soooo good!

Jaime said...

i have been wanting to make these too! yum!

~Amber~ said...

Yummy, these sound excellent.