Ribs and Sauerkraut

It's another crock-pot Monday, the previous 2 Mondays we have tried new recipes and haven't been excited about either. So I went to an old comfort standby for tonight. This is not one of Adam's favorites as he doesn't like Sauerkraut but he does eat the ribs.

I also thought this would be a great time to participate in the Monthly Mingle this months theme is comfort food. This is a recipe my Grandma makes all the time, it is so easy and warming and definitely screams comfort food to me.

Ribs and Sauerkraut (From: My Grandma)
  • 1 pkg. of ribs
  • 1 bag of sauerkraut

Drain about 1/2 the juice from the sauerkraut. Place ribs in bottom of slow cooker, top with kraut and cook on low for 8 hours or so.

I prefer to serve this with mashed potatoes.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I just blogged about cooking in the slow cooker, and how hard it is to find a good slow cooker recipe! This one sounds good, and I don't even really like sauerkraut!

Anonymous said...

I tried this recipe and must say that I really liked it! Very good indeed!

Anonymous said...

I love ribs although not too hot on sauerkraut. Still I'd give this a try any day!