Comfort Food Cook-off


I saw the blogging event on Is My Blog Burning this week, I knew it was something I had to participate in. I love comfort food, and truly that's what gets Adam and I through the winters, we resort back to the comfort food.

I decided the recipe I would share is one I have already shared but is truly something when it's really cold, or I'm having a real bad day I crave. Adam and I both came down with a cold this week so what better way to cure it then some comfort food.

Milk gravy pork chops with some mashed potatoes, I grew up with this recipe it was something my grandma made for us, with the pork cooked so it is golden brown and very moist then top it with some delicious gravy YUM!

Pork Chops with Milk Gravy (From: My Grandma)

  • Pork Chops (I made 2)
  • 1/4 c.Flour
  • 1 c. Milk
  • Seasoning Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Salt

Season the pork chops, I rubbed the seasoning into the chops a bit. Fry in a pan until tender and done. Try not to overcook otherwise they are tuff.

Take out the pork chops and place somewhere to stay warm. Add milk and flour and mix until combined. Cook on medium-low until warm and hot.

Serve over pork chops, and I prefer to serve with mashed potatoes.

No comments: