Bacon and Cheese Waffles

This weekend I was at a women's retreat with my mom, her friend Tracy and Julie, and my sister-in-law Carmel. It was a VERY fun and relaxing weekend. Tracy made breakfast yesterday she made two different kinds of waffles.

If you like waffles I highly suggest buying this cookbook as it is like a waffle bible.

I enjoyed these more so then the lemon cream (although the lemon were great!), My mom on the other hand liked the lemon cream ones better :-)

Bacon and Cheese Waffles (From: Waffles)

  • 1 egg, room temperature and separated
  • 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/8 t salt
  • 1 T. brown sugar
  • 3/4 c. milk
  • 4 T. butter or margarine, melted and cooled
  • Bacon slices
  • 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese

Beat egg white in a small bowl until stiff and set aside.

Mix together dry ingrdients and set aside.

Combine egg yolk, milk and butter.

Add to dry ingredients, mixing until just blended. Do not over mix.

Top with bacon after pouring on waffle iron.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

mmmm, give me anything with bacon! those look mouth watering good!