Pumpkin Pie

I suggested to Adam that I make a pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving, he was quick to tell me that in order for it to be Thanksgiving you HAD to have regular old pumpkin pie. So I decided to try a different recipe out of a cookbook I was borrowing for the library. Adam said it was just as good as the Libby's recipe.

I forgot to take a picture of this on T-day, and it was gone so I couldn't take one when I got home.

Pumpkin Pie (From: The Newlywed Cookbook by Robin Walsh)

  • 2 eggs
  • 16 oz. canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 1/14 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. ground ginger
  • 1/4 t. ground gloves
  • 1 1/2 c. evaporated milk
  • 2 Tb. brandy (I omitted)
  • 1 9" pie crust
  • whipped topping

Preheat oven to 425.

Press uncooked pie shell into the bottom of a 9' pie plate. Pinch the edges with your fingers and set aside.

In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a wire whisk.

Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.

Reduce oven temperature to 350 and bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.

If desired, serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top.

No comments: