Pork Loin with Gorgonzola Sauce

I saw this recipe on Candice's Culinary Creations. It looked VERY good, I tried it tonight. It was VERY good, I served with mashed potatoes and some fresh rolls it was a very simple and flavorful dinner.

Pork Loin with Gorgonzola Sauce (From: Candice)

Pork

  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 2 3/4-pound pork tenderloins

Gorgonzola sauce

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup white cooking wine
  • 1/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
  • 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 ounces)

Oil large rimmed baking sheet. Whisk Dijon mustard, olive oil and thyme in small bowl to blend. Sprinkle pork tenderloins with salt and pepper. Heat heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork and sear until brown all over, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.

Transfer seared pork to prepared baking sheet. Spread Dijon mustard mixture over all sides of pork. (Can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead. Refrigerate pork uncovered.)

Preheat oven to 425°F. Roast pork until thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 150°F, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare sauce: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon flour and whisk 1 minute. Gradually whisk in whipping cream, white wine and chicken broth. Boil until mixture is thick enough to coat spoon, whisking frequently, about 1 minute. Add crumbled Gorgonzola and whisk until cheese is melted and smooth and sauce is reduced to desired consistency, about 5 minutes.

Slice pork and transfer to plates. Ladle some sauce over pork.

Serve, passing additional sauce separately.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I love gorgonzola, so I'm sure I'd love this!!

Anonymous said...

Yum. You will eat gorgonzola but you think feta and goat cheeses are "exotic"? Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know how great your Pork with Gorgonzola sauce was. I was looking for a recipe to make for my parent's 46th wedding anniversary dinner. I found your recipe. I made twice baked potatoes, roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar and butter, proscuitto/basil and mozarella bites drizzled in balsamic dressing. For dessert I made Paula Deen's Banana Foster's Bread pudding.
I make dinner for my parents every year when I am home for Christmas.
Quote from my Dad--- :Gigi, You outdid yourself with the dinner this year. Outstanding.
Have a great day.