French Apple Pie

I have wanted to try my hand at homemade apple pie since going apple picking. Ashley and Rick came for dinner, Rick LOVES apple pie, so I figured this was the perfect time to try it. It really good! I will be using this recipe in the future!!

French Apple Pie (From: Betty Crocker)
  • Pastry Crust
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 t. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • Dash of salt
  • 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (I used about 4 apples)

Heat oven to 425.

In large bowl, mix 1/2 c. sugar, the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in apples. Spoon into pastry-pined pie plate.

In small bowl, mix 1 c. all-purpose flour, 1/2 c. packed brown sugar, and 1/2 c. firm butter or margarine with fork until crumbly. Cover topping with foil during last 10 to 15 minutes of baking, if necessary to prevent it from becoming too brown. Bake pie 35 to 49 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

I am still waiting on a bag of apples from my mom so I can make my annual apple pies and give them away. Yay for apple season.