Spaghetti and Meatballs

My grandpa makes the BEST spaghetti sauce EVER!!!! Every summer when they are up he makes a big pot and we freeze it and eat it all winter long. NO spaghetti sauce compares to it. I don't often order spaghetti out because I am always disappointed. My mom was nice enough to share some of her frozen sauce with us this year. This is the small recipe my grandpa gave us, I hope to try it this winter!!

Pa's Spaghetti Sauce (From: Pa Jack)

  • 1 lb. Hamburger
  • 1 large onion diced
  • 1 green pepper diced
  • dash of cheyenne pepper
  • 1 lg. Can of sliced tomato
  • 1 med. can of tomato sauce
  • 1 sm. can of tomato paste
  • Thin with tomato juice
  • Bay leaves
  • Sweet Basil
  • Oregano
  • Hot Sauce
Brown hamburger, onion, green pepper, and cheyenne pepper together, drain off excess fat.

Add remaining ingredients. Stir often on very low heat for 10 hours or so. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: