Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

While we were walking through Target last week I saw these cute candy corn kisses, I love candy corn, so I had to buy them. Adam and I tried them right away... They were ok, but didn't taste like candy corn, more like white chocolate. I figured I would bake something with them and send them to Adam works. I love the kiss cookies so found a new recipe to try for them. The batter tasted wonderful, and they tasted just as good baked!!

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies (From: Smuckers)
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 bag chocolate "kisses" - unwrapped

In a large mixer bowl, beat margarine and peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.

In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, beating well. If necessary, cover and chill about one hour for easier handling.

Preheat oven to 375° F. Shape dough into one-inch balls. Roll in additional granulated sugar. Place about two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are firm. Immediately press a chocolate "kiss" atop each cookie. With a spatula, lift cookies onto cooling rack. When cool, store in an airtight container.

Makes approximately 60 cookies. I got 30 cookies!!

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Those candy corn kisses are adorable. I love PB cookies, I might have to make these soon.