Crock Pot Pork Chops

As you can see my slow cooker has became my new friend, it's such an easy way to make dinner, and doesn't heat up the apartment with the oven on. I have been bored with our pork chop recipes, so I was glad to find this recipe.

Slow Simmered Garlic Pork Chops(From: Bakingblonde)

  • 4 pork chops 1 inch thick (I used 3 boneless)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Paprika to taste
  • 1 T. Olive Oil
  • 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 onion, thickly sliced
  • 1/3 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
  • 2 1/2 T. brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
  • 1 T. cornstarch
  • 1 T. cold water

Rub chops with salt and pepper and paprika. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil and brown chops on both sides. Transfer to crockpot.

Add garlic and onion slices to porkchop pan with the residual oil and drippings. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add soy sauce and wine/broth, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Cook until the brown sugar is dissolved.

Pour over the pork chops in the crockpot and cook on low for 7 hours. Remove pork chops.

In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water, whisk until smooth. Slowly stir into crockpot.

Return the pork chops to the crockpot and cook for 30-45 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to desired consistency.

***Tips: I had to add more corn starch, it still didn't thicken so I simmered on the stove for a few moments. I served with mashed potatoes

1 comment:

*Rae* said...

That sounds delicious I love anything I can put in the crockpot with it being so hot now a days