Orzo Alfredo (From: Allrecipes)
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened (I used 2 Tb.)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (I used 1/2 milk, 1/2 Half and Half)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (I omitted)
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Slowly stir in the orzo. Cook the pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain.
Transfer orzo to a buttered serving bowl. Toss with butter and cream, and season with nutmeg. Sprinkle top evenly with Parmesan cheese, and garnish with chives.
***Tips, as I read online I halved the orzo, but used the full sauce recipe. I also added some white pepper, and garlic salt.
Alfredo Stuffed Chicken Breast (From: Myself)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 c. orzo alfredo
- half a bag of Ritz's crackers
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 350.
Mash chicken breast to a thin layer. I like to put them in a bag and smash with the bottle of a pan.
Lay orzo across the top and pat down. Then roll up. Place face down in a baking dish.
Mash ritz crackers add nutmeg and parmesan. Put on top of chicken and bake until done.