Chicken Fingers with Honey Dipping Sauce

I found this recipe in my mom cookbook a few months ago, and I have put it on our menu a bunch of times, but never got around to making it. I was determined to make them today. I thought they were very tasty! I served with some roasted potatoes.

Chicken Fingers with Honey Sauce (From: The Big Book of Family Dinners)

  • 12 oz. Skinless boneless chicken breasts halves (I only used 2 breasts)
  • 2 beaten egg whites
  • 1 T. honey
  • 2 c. cornflakes (I used ritz crackers with a little sugar instead)
  • ½ t. pepper
  • ¼ c. honey
  • 4 T. Dijon mustard ( I used honey dijion as that's what we had)
  • ¼ t. garlic powder

Cut the chicken breasts into strips about 3 inches long and ¾ inches wide.

In a small mixing bowl combine the egg whites and 1-tablespoon honey. In a shallow bowl combine the cornflake crumbs and pepper. Dip chicken strips into the egg white mixture, then roll in the crumb mixture to coat.

Place in a single layer on the ungreased baking sheet. Baked chicken in a 450 degree oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until no longer pink.


Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together the ¼ cup honey, the mustard, and garlic powder. Serve with chicken.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Yummy, I love chicken strips and this looks like a great new way to try them.