- 1 pkg. ribs (I used pork)
- 1 can broth (I used beef, but could us any I think)
- BBQ Seasoning (I bought some BBQ rub from Penzeys called Barbecue Seasoning)
- 1 slice of onion
- Tomato Sauce
Heat a skillet with some oil, fry the ribs just to brown, your not actually cooking just fry them to get them brown.
Pour your broth into the bottom of your slow cooker or crock pot. Lay ribs on top, then place onion rings on top of the ribs. Then sprinkle with seasoning.
Cook on medium for about until about an hour before eating.
Mix tomato sauce and BBQ seasoning, I used about 3 Tablespoons for a cup of tomato sauce.
Drain broth and top with homemade BBQ sauce. Cook on low until ready to eat.
***Tips: You could easily use regular BBQ sauce instead of the homemade. I would prefer the real BBQ sauce instead of the homemade.
- 3 cups hot cooked orzo (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well to coat. Cover bowl and chill for 1 hour.
***Tips: I used 4 oz of feta cheese because that was what cam in the package.