Wild Rice Soup (My Mom's Recipe)
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 c. cooked wild rice
- 1/2 c. finely grated carrots
- 1/3 c. minced ham or 1/2 c. cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped silvered almonds
- 1 c. half and half
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Snipped parsley or chives for garnish
2) Stir in wild rice, carrots, ham (or chicken), almonds, and salt. Simmer about 5 minutes, blend in half and half and heat to serving temperature. If too thick, you may thin with chicken broth.
3) Garnish with snipped parsley or chives.
***Tips, we made this recipe about 1 1/2 times, we had one bowl left over with 4 people eating it, we also didn't garnish with parsley we garnished with a few almonds.
Coconut Cream Pie (Kraft Foods)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 pkgs. vanilla instant pudding
- 1 c. coconut
- 2 c. cool-whip
- 1 pie crust (Recipe called for graham cracker, I used regular)
Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and 3/4 c. of coconut. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes. Gently stir in 1 c. of whipped topping. Pour into crust.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
Spread pie with remaining 1 c. whipped topping. Toast remaining 1/4 c. coconut, if desired. Sprinkle over pie. store leftover pie in refrigerator.
*To Toast Coconut: Preheat oven to 350. Spread coconut in shallow baking pan. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.