Macaroni Salad (From: cdkitchen.com)
- 2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup ham - cooked and cubed
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add to macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve, flavors will blend together as it chills.
***Tips: I left out the hard boiled egg, I diced the cheese instead of using shredded. It seemed to be lacking some kind of spice, not sure what. So mess with it a little if you are to try it.
Chicken Salad (Made by my Mom, From: Leslie)
For the Chicken Salad:
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken torn or cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 stalks of celery (I diced mine small)
- 1 granny smith apple (diced small)
- 1 breaborn or honeycrisp apple (diced small)
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 c crumbled or diced white cheddar cheese
Toss dressing over the above ingredients, sprinkle with a little more fresh ground pepper and eat!
Dressing: Maple Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon smooth dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Course ground mustard
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (the "real" stuff)
- 1 c vegetable oil (olive oil doesn't work well)
Combine everything except the oil in a blender. Once blended completely, add oil in a slow stream. The dressing is also wonderful for glazing pork chops or chicken on the grill.
**Tips: My mom forgot to put the bacon and it was still an amazing salad. Also, she made this salad on Saturday and brought it to our house we had a taste and it was wonderful. We then stored it in the fridge until we ate last night, it was still good but not as good as the previous day. So I would make the day of to eat.