Stuffed Chicken

Last night we were down at our friends house for dinner. Ashley made stuffed chicken breasts with pasta, I had my camera on the wrong setting and didn't get the best picture but it was wonderful. Here is her recipe...

Stuffed chicken breasts

4 chicken breasts or so
1 onion
1 clove of garlic
1 pkg. Of ricotta cheese (15oz)
1 bag of shredded Italian cheeses
1 box bow tie pasta
2 containers of spaghetti sauce
4 diced mushrooms *optional
5tbl of olive oil
Italian seasoning *to taste/preference
Oregano seasoning
Salt just a pinch

Chicken:
~Take the thawed chicken breasts butterfly cut them down as best as possible.
~In a mixing bowl add 2tbl of olive oil half a clove of garlic, ¼ cut up onion some seasonings, the ricotta cheese, and the Italian cheese, mix all together.
***Note: I cook the chicken wrapped in aluminum foil and because it gets very juicy I put it them in a glass pan (I used and 8x8 glass pan or casserole dish)
~Stuff the mixture inside the chicken and fold over, no cheese should be sticking out.
~Any left over cheese can be spread over the top of the chickens, also drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
~Cover with aluminum foil, bake at 350-400degrees for at least 40minutes or until fully cooked.

Noodles:
~ Boil water, adding Italian seasoning, salt, oregano and a drizzle of olive oil (all seasonings are to add to flavor of noodles so not a lot needed just a pinch). Add noodles until done to your preference.

Sauce:
~I use pre made spaghetti sauce, usually 2things of it or one family size; I also add seasonings to my preference. Then I put in the last of the onions and mushrooms*(optional). When sauce is ready I add the noodles warm them back up.

Finishing touches:
~Put the noodles/sauce on the plate and then place the stuffed chicken on top.
I usually have some sort of bread to go with the meal i.e. garlic bread.


We had the truffles for dessert, the Oreo ones were wonderful, the nutter butter were ok, but not something I would make again, they didn't have the same texture as the Oreo... oh well will have to experiment more.

No comments: