Macaroni and Cheese with Kielbasa

Adam and I spent most of the day with my mom, helping her do some things outside. We got home around 4:30 and before we knew it, it was time for dinner. We didn't really have anything set out so I started looking around. I saw kielbasa, but we didn't have any kraft macaroni. So I created my own macaroni and cheese with kielbasa.

This was awesome! And might be my new favorite way of preparing kielbasa.

Macaroni and Cheese with Kielbasa (From: Myself)
  • 1/2 ring kielbasa cut into slices and then cut into quarters
  • 2 c. cheddar jack cheese
  • 1 1/2 c. half and half
  • al' dente pasta (anything will work)
  • seasoning salt
  • onion powder
  • 2 T. butter
  • 2 T. flour

Fry kielbasa in a pan. Take out of pan and set aside.

Melt butter in pan with kielbasa juices, add flour and mix until smooth and thick.

Mix in half and half and mix until no lump exist.

Add 1 3/4 c. cheese and simmer until melted. You can add more half and half or milk if it's too thick for you.

Mix in noodles, kielbasa, and rest of cheese. Serve hot :)

2 comments:

~Amber~ said...

yum, I love me some mac and cheese. I do not think I have ever had kielbasa, I might have to give it a try sometime.

Brooke said...

Oooh, I love kielbasa! That looks good....