Fogo de Chao

I first heard about Fogo de Chao when I was getting my hair done. My hair dresser was telling me she had heard about this place. I kind of stored it in the back of my memory as it sounded like something that would interest Adam has he is a total meat man.

Fogo is a brazilan steak house. When I asked Adam if he wanted that our sushi he was unsure. But he finally decided on this instead of sushi because he knows I am not a sushi person.

So we had a 5:30 reservation and were one of the first people to be sat for dinner (they only open at 5.) They had an amazing salad bar, with fresh mozzarella, heart of palm, few different salads, amazing Cesar salad dressing. Along with the salad bar they brought out some cheese biscuit things. I really don't know how to explain them, but they were awesome.

Then came the main course, they bring out three sides for you, mashed potatoes, fried polenta, and fried bananas. The mashed potatoes were pretty average what you get else where. Neither Adam nor I had ever tried polenta, we thought it was amazing, it was like little french fries with parmesan on top, we had at least 3 trays of those brought out. I cannot review the bananas as I don't like bananas but Adam said they were good.

Then came the meats, we each had a disc. One side was red and one was green. When you wanted meat you turned to green and all these guys came around and served you whatever you want. They cut it right off of the bone it. We tried bacon wrapped chicken and sirloin, top sirloin, filet migion, pork and beef ribs, pork sausages, and bottom roast.
All was very good, but the bottom roast was AMAZING! Adam and I were just in awe of the flavor.

And lastly since we were celebrating Adam's birthday we got a piece of the chocolate mouse cake, also very good. It was so creamy, and soft and delicious.
We both left with a full and happy tummy and were not hungry for about 24 hours. Adam didn't even grab a toothpick on the way out because he was worried he would lose the wonderful beef flavor in his mouth :)

So if you are ever around one of these, although it is a little pricey it is WELL worth the money for any meat lover :)

5 comments:

Dolores said...

Not sure where you are, but I had the pleasure of dining at Houston's Fogo de Chao on a family visit there several years ago. I've since tried several similar restaurants in San Francisco, Las Vegas and Salt Lake City, and FdC outranks them all. Glad you enjoyed it too!

~Amber~ said...

Sounds like an awesome restaurant. I am glad you were able to celebrate in style.

kylee said...

Well, you've sold me!!
they're opening one in Scottsdale, AZ on May 8th - my birthday is the 18th... I feel a reservation coming on!!

how pricey was it?

That Girl said...

We went to a place like this in New York that was so good!

Carrie said...

It's not crazy expensive, it was I believe $49.95 per person for all you can eat. Our total bill with dip, drinks, dessert (was on the house because of Adam's birthday, nice suprise) was about $110.