Cherry M&M Cookies

As Adam and I walked through Target a while back I saw a bag of wild cherry M&M's and instantly threw them in the cart, I am a sucker for new and limited edition stuff. I brought them home and put them in the cupboard didn't want to waste them on something not perfect :-)

My grandma had surgery on Monday, Adam and I are going up there tomorrow to visit and I wanted to bring some treats, so I made some Cherry M&M cookies. I tried a new chocolate chip recipe that I was very happy with.
These cookies were very soft, chewy, and had a very yummy cherry flavor!

Chelle’s Soft & Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies (From: Chelle)
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used 1 c. wild cherry M&M's)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Microwave butter for 30 seconds, stir and set aside. Do not worry if it is not completely melted.

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.

Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture, beating just until combined (do NOT overmix!). Stir in chocolate chips.

Refrigerate dough for 15-30 minutes.

Drop by rounded spoonful (I used a Pampered Chef medium cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are just brown and middle is not quite set yet. Cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.

Before adding more dough to warm cookie sheets, place sheet in freezer for 5-7 minutes to cool.
Store in an airtight container.

Recipe yielded 3 1/2 dozen cookies.

2 comments:

bakingblonde said...

YUM! I bet subbing the vanilla extract for some almond extract would be great with the Cherry flavor M&Ms!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad that you enjoyed the cookies! I love this recipe!