Biscuits

No meal is complete without some biscuits, these seemed too easy to mess up, but I was wrong. I will try these again because I am pretty sure I did not knead them long enough because I was trying to get other things going at the same time. They had excellent flavor just were a little more cookie like then biscuit like :-)

Cream Biscuits (From: Delish, I saw them on Dish it up)

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk dry ingredients together in medium bowl. Stir in the cream with a wooden spoon until the dough forms, about 30 seconds. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter and gather into a ball. Knead the dough briefly until smooth, about 30 seconds.

Pat the dough into a 3/4-inch thick circle. Cut the biscuits into rounds using a 2 or 2-1/2″ biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on the parchment-lined baking sheet. The baking sheet can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 2 hours. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Yields: 1 dozen 2″ biscuits

No comments: