Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

When deciding what kind of cookies I wanted to make I thought oatmeal raisin, in the end I didn't end up with oatmeal raisin as I realized we had no raisins when it came time to eat them. So I made half oatmeal, and half butterscotch oatmeal.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (From: Betty Crocker Cookbook New Edition)

  • 2/3 c. sugar
  • 2/3 c. packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 c. shortening
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. ground cinnamon
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 2 lg. eggs
  • 3 c. oats
  • 1 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 c. raisin (I used butterscotch chips)

Heat oven to 375.

In large bowl, beat all ingredients except oats, flour and raisins with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stire in oats, flour and raisins.

On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonsfuls about 2 inches apart.

Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

No comments: