I am so glad we did, we added some extra things, but overall this had excellent flavor and tasted great!
I am typing the recipe out the way we made it, but the link will take you to the original recipe.
***Sorry for the yellowy pictures, I didn't bring my camera and was using my moms, something to get use to.Broccoli Potato Ham and Mushroom Chowder (From: Southern Living)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups cubed, peeled potato (1.25 lbs)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 slice ham cubed
- 10 mushrooms, copped in small pieces
- 1 1/4 cup reduced-fat 2% milk
- 1 (8-oz) bag of cheddar cheese
Saute onion and 1-2 T. of butter in bottom of pan.
Combine remaining chicken broth and potatoes, and broccoli in a Dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 minutes. Add ham and mushrooms, simmer until potatoes are tender. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Cooking, stirring often, 5 minutes.
Stir in milk and 8 oz. shredded cheese. Cook mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts.
Serve with additional shredded cheese.