I have to say this recipe didn't turn out exactly like I had planned, it doesn't look like a roll really, more like a horse shoe. Adam said it tasted great, next time I would use a bigger pan then what I did.
Pumpkin Roll (From: Delish)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle with nuts evenly on top if desired.
Bake 15 minutes. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Roll cake up in the towel, lengthwise. Allow to cool.
Prepare filling per directions below. Unroll cake, remove parchment paper. Spread with filling and re-roll. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar