Lasagna

Adam and I had stuffed shells earlier this week and I had a bunch of "filling" leftover. I thought it would be perfect for lasagna, boy was it ever!

I love my grandmas lasagna and I request it every summer they are up. My mom always tries to beat her lasagna, even using her recipe. It's never as good. I have tried a few times too. Again not as good. If I would of used my grandpas sauce instead of jarred I think it would of been as good! Now that's saying something!!!

Spinach Lasagna (From: Myself)
  • 1 carton cottage cheese
  • 1 block frozen spinach
  • 1 pkg. fresh mushrooms
  • 1 box lasagna noodles
  • 2 jars spaghetti sauce
  • 1 large bag of mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix cottage cheese, spinach, mushrooms, and a cup or so of cheese together in a blender or food processor.

Pour spaghetti sauce in box of 9 x 13 pan, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan.

Layer noodles on top, then mozzarella cheese, then sauce, noodles, spinach cheese mixture, sauce, noodles, mozzarella cheese, sauce, noodles, and top with mozzarella cheese. You can add any spices you want on the top cheese layer.

Cover with tin-foil. Baked for an hour and 15 minutes then remove tin-foil and bake for 15 minutes.

***Tips: I used regular boil noodles, but didn't boil. They were very good and it was very easy. I also made the night before and kept in refrigerator.

No comments: