Quiche

I have never had a quiche, and have always wanted to try a quiche. I finally decided I would never know if I didn't like it if I never tried it. I made an attempt this morning.

In the end, I really liked it! I normally don't like eggs so was a little worried, this didn't taste eggy to me at all. I made 2 one with onions and one without

Bacon, Spinach, and Mushroom Quiche (From: adapted from Allrecipes)


  • 2 9 inch pie crusts
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 milk
  • 3/4 half and half
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup thawed spinach
  • 1/2 pkg. mushrooms

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (230 degrees C).

Bake pie crusts for 5-8 minutes.

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove bacon from pan, crumble and set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet. Cook onion in reserved drippings until tender; drain and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk and salt. Stir in bacon, onion, mushrooms, and spinach. In a separate bowl, toss cheese and flour together. Add cheese to egg mixture; stir well. Pour mixture into hot pastry shells.

Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edges of crust with foil to prevent burning. Let quiche cool for 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Looks great, good job.