Orzo with Veggies

I saw a recipe for this orzo dish in Kayte's blog a while back. It looked really good, I rarely get a night home alone, but tonight was a rare occasion. I made this dish for myself. It was SUPER quick, and VERY good. I made enough for dinner tonight, and lunch next week. I added some mushrooms to this dish also.

Parmesan Broccoli Orzo (From: Kayte)
  • 2 oz orzo pasta (any pasta would work for this)
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1/3 cut broccoli florets, cut into very small pieces
  • 1 1/2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and salt the water. Add pasta after water has come to a boil and boil for about 9-10 minutes. Add broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.

Toss with all other ingredients and enjoy!

No comments: