Meatballs

Grape Jelly + Chili Sauce + Spicy Brown Mustard + Beef = ??

Meatballs!!! When Adam told me of his potluck I quickly started looking for recipes. I posted on the Nest board and someone mentioned this. Although I did not get to taste one, the reviews I got were WONDERFUL.

This where super easy to throw together. I cooked in the crock pot for about 2 hours instead of the 30 minutes it called for.

Cocktail Meatballs (From: Allrecipes)
  • 2 pounds ground beef (I used about a pound and half, and got 25 meatballs)
  • 10 ounces grape jelly
  • 1/4 cup chili sauce
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (I used spicy brown)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large roasting pan with aluminum foil.

Shape ground beef into golf-size balls. Place on prepared roasting pan for 20 to 25 minutes until done.

Meanwhile heat the jelly, chili sauce and mustard together in a 2 quart Dutch oven. Drain and add meatballs to the Dutch oven. Cover and simmer on low for 1/2 hour. Serve hot in chaffing dish with toothpicks.

No comments: