Black and White Carmel Brownies

I found out about the browniebabe of the month from Chelleys blog, after finish drooling over her delicious brownies I knew I wanted to participate. I am not very good at creating recipes, so I thought this was a GREAT improvement for me. I have also never made from scratch brownies, so I was really proud of myself.

Black and White Carmel Brownies (From: Myself)
Brownie (From: Allrecipes)
  • 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Combine the cocoa, melted butter, sugar, eggs, salt , flour and vanilla. Mix until well combined. It should be very thick and sticky.

Blondies (From: Bakingblonde)

  • 8 T. butter, melted
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla or 1/2 tsp. almond extract
  • pinch salt
  • 1 c. flour
Mix melted butter with brown sugar-beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla. Add salt, stir in flour.

Carmel filling (From: Myself)

  • 1 pkg. (10 oz) carmels unwrapped
  • 1/3 c. evaporated milk

Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted.

Preheat oven to 350, spray 9x13 inch pan with Pam or butter.

Layer 1/2 of brownie and half of blondie mixture in pan, then place carmel mixture on top. Top with remaining brownie, and then blondie mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around the top.

No comments: