Chimichanga's

Sorry for the lul in posts, Adam was laid off of his job on Tuesday, and I sprained my ankle really bad yesterday and couldn't stand on it.

Today I was feeling a little better and able to stand long enough to cook dinner, I have been craving Mexican for a while now. My favorite thing to order in a chicken chimichanga, so tonight I attempted to make it at home, they were really good! I will definitely make them again with only a few adjustments. I kind of made the recipe as I as going as I couldn't find one online I loved.

Chicken Chimichanga (My Recipe)

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • cumin
  • garlic salt
  • paprika
  • onion (optional)
  • Flour tortilla (8 inches)
  • Cheese (I used Colby Jack)

Preheat oven to 475

Fry the breasts with the seasonings for about 5 minutes on each side, then added water and simmered until they were cooked through.

Shred with 2 forks mix into whats left of seasonings and water. Warm until heated through.

Butter one side of tortilla, place filling in the other, about one breast, top with cheese about a 1/4 to a 1/2 a cup per one.

Fold the top and bottom then roll, place in baking dish with seams down.

Bake for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.

***Tips: Next time I think I would boil the chicken and then shred and cook in a slow cooker to gather more flavor.

White Cheese Sauce (From: Online)

  • 2 Tb. butter
  • 2 Tb. flour
  • 1 c. Milk or cream
  • Salt and white pepper to taste
  • 1/2-1 c. white cheddar cheese

Melt and blend ingredients until thickened. Pour over hot chimichangas.

1 comment:

~Amber~ said...

Yum, they look great. I do not think I have ever had a chimichanga before.